At a lower altitude and enjoying a warmer climate than La Paz, we are situated in the village of Jupapina , 30 minutes from La Paz and 5 minutes from the town of Mallasa where the La Paz Zoo and the Valley of the Moon are located.
- ADDRESS: Colibri Camping, Calle 4, JUPAPINA (camino al rio), near Mallasa, La Paz.
- TELEPHONE and WHATS APP: (+591) 76295658
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- We can arrange an airport transfer with a trusted local taxi company – price US$20.
- A taxi can also be pre-booked to bring you here from the city centre – price US$10.
Please let us know before your arrival.
Take a taxi to Calle 4 in the village of Jupapina (after Mallasa and La Paz Zoo). Turn left at the mural with the yellow flower and follow the road towards the river. Look for the bamboo entrance to the site on the right. (Journey time approx. 30 minutes from the city centre – try and avoid rush hour 6pm -8pm when it could take much longer), cost around 45-70 Bs). We recommend not taking a taxi from the street but rather to call or ask a café or a hotel to call you a radio taxi to pick you up with a designated place and to agree to a price before you get in.
There are several busses that depart from La Paz. They take approx. 30-45 minutes and cost around 3 Bs. Look for Mallasa or Jupapina written in the window.
- Take bus #253 from Plaza Belzu (see here for google maps) which can be found at the end of the famous (witches market) Linares street (which extends and changes it name to C.Gonzales street). The bus stop is at the start of the route dow to Jupapina and you will see a line of buses under a big sign “VETERINARIA CAMPEON”. This will pass through Mallasa before arriving in Jupapina, where you should follow the instructions above. There are direct buses before 8am and after 5pm they are direct and take about 25 minutes and the rest of the day the make stops on the way and this takes 40mins.
- Take bus #231 from Avenida Buenos Aires to Jupapina. Ask for the driver to stop at Calle 4 (you will see the yellow flower on the corner on the left-hand-side of the main road, see picture above). The bus will pass the following key places: Plaza San Pedro, Plaza del Estudiante, Plaza Humboldt, Mallasa and finally, Jupapina.
- Take any of the many buses from the main road of La Paz (El Prado) that go to Calacoto. Get off the bus at the entrance to Calacoto on calle 8 or Plaza Humboldt where the buses to Jupapina pass by. This is a good option during the day but not during rush hour when they may be full. Here there are also local taxis (Mallasa taxis and Servivalle taxis) that leave from the Plaza and will bring you to our door for 20 bolivianos.
Arriving from the bus terminal
By bus From the main bus Terminal, go down to main road of La Paz called 16 de Julio o often known as el Prado, and follow the instructions above.
By taxi There is a small kiosk with official taxis outside the main door of the terminal. You can ask for a taxi there.
- Click here for a map for how to arrive at the campsite, coming from El Alto
- Click here for a map for how to arrive from the city centre
- GPS: S 16 35.467 W 68 04.167. Click on the map below to open a larger version.