3. Do I need a VISA to come to Bolivia?

DISCLAIMER: Up Close Bolivia is not in any way an expert when it comes to visas. We advise you to speak to the Bolivian Embassy in your home country or your home Embassy based in La Paz to ensure you have all the correct decision so that you can make a decision for yourself. This information may change at short notice.

If you are from Europe, Canada or Australia you do not need to apply for a visa before entering the country. You can come directly into the country and note TOURIST on the immigration forms. You can stay as a tourist for up to 90 days in one calendar year. 

If you wish to stay for longer you can apply for a temprary residence visawhich costs approx USD$250. We can give you more detailed information about this process.

If you are from the US you will need a tourist visa and it will cost you approx $160. To get the visa you will need proof of yellow fever vaccination, a photo, a ticket leaving the country (whih could be a round-trip bus ticket) and an invitation letter which we can provide. This information may change at short notice; the web site Bolivia Bella is a good source on up-to-date visa information.

Citizens of most South American and Western European will get a tourist stamp on entry for stays up to 90 days, depending on their nationality. Check that the stamp is for 90 days. If, for some reason it has only been stamped for 30 days, it can be easily and very quickly extended in the immigration office in the centre of La Paz. We can help you out with this.